The best E-signing tools for HR teams
In our modern digital landscape, where seamless workflows and streamlined processes are vital in all organizations, digital signatures have turned out to be an important component of every HR team's toolkit. Gone are the days of paper-paperwork and physical folders.
However, in a world where budgets are carefully scrutinized, finding a cost-effective E-signature solution becomes paramount. As HR teams carry various responsibilities, investing in a tool that maximizes efficiency without draining resources is not just a preference – it's a necessity.
So, what should HR teams consider when evaluating different E-signature tools? From user-friendly interfaces to robust security measures, the options can seem overwhelming. In this blog post, we'll guide you through the key factors to keep in mind. By the end, you'll be equipped with the knowledge needed to select the best E-signature software tailored to your team's needs.
How to choose the right E-signing tool for your business
A seamless signing process
- Evaluate the user experience across all user roles to determine if the process is both intuitive and straightforward.
- Opt for an easy-to-use and flexible solution that minimizes confusion and improves efficiency.
- Look for features such as template creation and editing capabilities for faster preparation of your documents.
Avoid hidden limits & limitations
- Watch out for software that has hidden limits on how many signatures you can get.
- Choose a system that aligns with your organization's functional needs and ensures scalability for future growth.
Collaborative document signing
- Verify support for multiple signers and viewers, such as allowing a manager's supervisor to oversee the signing process.
- Consider complex signing scenarios involving various stakeholders within and outside the organization.
Permissions and accessibility
- Prioritize systems with flexible permission settings to control who can view and access signed documents.
- Choose a system with reliable storage options that align with your data protection requirements.
The top 6 E-signing software for HR
AlexisHR is a trusted HR platform, serving over 200 companies in more than 65 countries.Tailored for small to medium-sized businesses, AlexisHR offers a comprehensive HRIS with E-signing capabilities that simplifies document management from creation to signing.
The platform enables easy customization of reusable company templates, saving time while maintaining document consistency.
Once a document receives its final signature, AlexisHR ensures it's securely stored yet easy to retrieve. Additionally, the platform is committed to GDPR-compliant and secure data handling.
- Scalability: Create your own documents and templates
- Customization: Use your visual identity for a branded experience
- Automation: Save time with smart placeholders that auto-fill details
- Flexibility: Add multiple signers or observers to documents
- ID verification: Use BankID or electronic signatures for secure signing
- Security: Store all documents in Alexis for GDPR-compliant handling
- Compliance: Easily sign agreements following eIDAS standards
- Permissions: Manage and distribute documents to the right people at the right time
- Bulk sending limitation: The platform can distribute one document to multiple employees but won't create unique signed copies for each.
- Chat: No built-in chat or comment feature for real-time communication during the signing process.
What users think of AlexisHR:
- Capterra: 4.9
Getaccept is an E-signing platform that aims to improve the document signing process. The platform is mainly built to be a digital sales room software that empowers sales teams to streamline their document workflows, close deals faster, and drive exceptional customer experiences — from opportunity to signed deal.
However, with a variety of features, the platform can also cater other business needs, such as signing employment agreements or other HR-related documents.
- Interface: GetAccept is designed with ease of use in mind, making it a user-friendly tool.
- Integration capabilities: the platform can be easily integrated with various systems, providing a seamless user experience.
- Advanced tracking: GetAccept offers real-time tracking of document status, so you know exactly when a document has been viewed or signed.
- Multi-platform support: whether you're on a desktop or mobile device, getaccept ensures a consistent and reliable signing experience.
- Pricing: the cost may be a barrier for those with limited document signing needs.
- Learning curve: while generally user-friendly, many users may find it takes time to fully learn the platform.
- Platform focus: Given the platform's strong emphasis on sales workflows, it may not fully align with the specific needs of HR teams.
What users think of GetAccept:
- Capterra: 4.6
DocuSign offers a solution for automating the preparation, signing, and management of agreements. As a key component of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, its E-signature feature allows users to electronically sign documents from almost any device, anywhere, at any time. DocuSign aims to make the agreement process more efficient and straightforward.
- Templates: DocuSign allows you to create templates for common documents, helping you to streamline the document preparation process.
- Mobile responsiveness: The platform is mobile-friendly, allowing users to sign documents easily on various devices.
- Extensive integrations: DocuSign integrates with over 400 third-party providers, including popular software platforms, to facilitate various business workflows.
- Smart sections: Highlight important information in lengthy documents to improve navigation for the signer.
- Customer Support: Users have reported poor customer service experiences, including delays in response and ineffective problem-solving.
- Limited features: Some users think the platform doesn't have enough features for small businesses and that you need to upgrade to add more users.
What users think of DocuSign
- Capterra: 4.8
PandaDoc is an electronic signature software tool used by thousands of companies, primarily for creating sales documents and closing deals faster. PandaDoc focuses on helping sales teams build meaningful relationships with their clients. While mainly tailored for sales teams, PandaDoc also offers a versatile set of features making it a feasible option for HR needs.
- Templates & editing: PandaDoc offers templates that can be customized. It also has a document editor for adding specific fields and content.
- Document workflow: Features like real-time notifications, different signing capabilities, and API integrations make the document workflow efficient.
- Mobile App: While you can't create documents on the mobile app, it allows for document access, status updates, and other functionalities.
- Mobile app limitations: While PandaDoc does offer a mobile app, it could use some improvements. Users have reported that the app is sometimes slow and not as functional as the desktop version.
- Complexity in editing documents: Users find it a bit complicated to adjust existing documents. They would prefer more versatility to change small details rather than having to restart the whole document.
What users think of PandaDoc
- Capterra: 4.5
Scrive is an E-signing platform that offers a range of features to facilitate the signing and management of electronic documents. With Scrive, you can automate agreements, from simple contracts to complex onboarding and compliance solutions. The platform also offers different ID verification services, making it a useful solution for various businesses.
- User-friendly: Scrive's E-signing portal is designed for quick document management and instant signing.
- Flexibility: the platform provides APIs and integrations for a seamless workflow.
- ID verification: the platform provides a suite of identity services, including secure login and authentication.
- Pricing: the price could be a concern for businesses that are operating on a limited budget and looking to maximize their resources.
- Customer support: some users have reported less-than-ideal customer support experiences, which can be frustrating when dealing with time-sensitive documents or issues.
What users think of Scrive:
- Capterra: 5.0
HumaHR aims to centralize all employee information, documents, and HR processes in one place. HumaHR focuses on putting the employee at the center, offering mobile accessibility to features like news, documents, onboarding, and employee handbooks. The platform is designed to streamline processes, foster employee engagement, and allow HR teams to focus on strategic tasks rather than mere administration.
- User-friendly: Huma ensures quick and simple document management.
- Interface: Huma offers a platform with a clean interface and light colors.
- Features: Huma offers a full suite of HR services, from onboarding to digital contract signing.
- Built-in E-signing: Integrated E-signing eliminates the need to manually transfer contacts from standalone solutions like Scrive or GetAccept.
- Document signing limits: Their annual limits on document signing may not suit all businesses.
- Limited file support: The system only supports PDFs and offers no or little flexibility for editing documents or altering templates.
What users think of Huma:
- BusinessWith: 4.6